Help Stop Industrial Accidents From Happening
Construction companies like Priola, SADE, and Keiland are popping up all over Lake Charles and with good reason. An estimated $19 billion dollars worth of construction projects are scheduled to begin this year throughout Calcasieu Parish. This means over 60 different construction projects, each with at least 50 workers per project. This is great news for Calcasieu County’s economy, but the increase of construction workers means an increase in construction risks and accidents.
Construction Site Safety Guidelines
Construction sites are full of dangerous machinery, overworked employees, and tons of metal and glass that can all potentially cause harm and personal injury. This is why the Health and Safety Executive encourages workers to be aware of construction risks and to follow construction site safety guidelines. Here a few of the safety guidelines:
- Always wear protective gear, such as safety goggles, hard hats, work gloves, boots, and support braces.
- Make sure you’re well rested when coming to work or to the site, to help prevent distractions and exhaustion errors that may potentially put others at risk.
- Keep a clean and well maintained environment to limit trips, falls, and accidents.
- Make sure all equipment, tools and machinery are properly taken care of at the end of shifts or breaks.
- Always be on guard and aware of your environment.
- Speak up if you witness any unsafe activities—one person’s error could cost another his life.
All construction sites should have safety protocols posted in public areas to remind workers that staying safe is the number one priority. Don’t jeopardize your or someone else’s life by not following safety protocol—it will never be worth the risk.
The construction industry is a large part of Lake Charles’ economy, so there’s a high probability that you know someone who makes his living in construction. Show your support by helping to raise awareness about construction safety. Share this page with your friends and family and let them know that we’re here to listen, offer valuable advice, and help to those who may have been injured by a construction accident.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Industrial Accident Prevention, Safety, and Help"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."