Understanding Your Rights After a Lake Charles Car Crash
When another person hits your car, there’s a lot that goes through your mind. What should you do? Whom should you call? What are your rights to compensation for your injuries and damages?
A Calcasieu Parish car accident can have devastating outcomes. You may have broken bones, back, spine, or neck injuries. These injuries can have lifelong consequences leaving you to pay the price for years to come. To be compensated for your injuries, the other driver’s insurance company must determine that you were not at fault for the accident.
To help protect your rights and prevent the other driver’s insurance company from finding you at fault for any portion of the accident, here are a few things you can do:
- Call the police right away to have a police report document what happened at the scene of the crash.
- Limit communication with the other driver and with witnesses.
- Exchange contact information with witnesses and the other driver.
- Notify your own insurance company of the crash.
- Take pictures of the car, other property damage, and your injuries.
- Keep detailed records of all of your medical treatments and costs.
- Attend all follow-up appointments your doctor orders.
Unfortunately, proving fault in an auto accident is not as easy as it may seem, and often requires the help of a Calcasieu Parish car accident attorney.
At the Marceaux Law Firm, we understand the impact a car accident can have on your life. When you work with our Lake Charles auto accident attorney, you get personalized attention and someone that is not afraid to stand up for you against the insurance companies. Contact us today to learn more about your rights after a car accident and how to preserve them.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Understanding Your Rights After a Lake Charles Car Crash"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."