Q Help! I was badly hurt in a Westlake industrial accident and I’m not sure what to do next. I know I need to keep records of everything. What types of documents should I keep for my claim?
We are sorry to hear that you were seriously hurt in the industrial accident in Westlake. Keeping records of all of the details of your accident and injuries can help you get the compensation you need to heal without paying for the mistakes of others.
Filing any type of industrial or construction accident claim in Westlake requires extensive documentation. You are entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. To do so, you must demonstrate that the person you file a claim against was responsible for your injuries and use evidence to determine the specific costs they must pay to you.
Here are a few items to save as evidence:
- Medical bills. Medical costs can be very high. Keeping records of all of your medical bills can help you get full compensation for your injuries.
- Time missed from work. You are entitled to compensation for lost wages. Keeping track of the time you missed from work shows how much you lost as a result of your accident.
- Take pictures. Pictures can tell a very accurate story of what happened. Take pictures at the scene of the accident, of your injuries, and of any other damages that you incurred.
- Witness testimonials. Having others tell what they saw happen can strengthen your claim. Have witnesses write down and document their account of the accident to keep on hand as evidence.
- A journal. Immediately after the accident, you will be in a daze. Keeping a journal to document details as they come to you can help you put together a full and accurate story of your accident.
Filing a claim is an overwhelming and complicated process. Call our Westlake industrial accident attorney today to get a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you get the maximum results from your claim.