Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-296-7805
Phone: 337-310-2233
The Marceaux Law Firm

If I am injured on the job and cannot work, who pays my workers' compensation benefits?


If you are injured on the job and cannot work, you are owed workers' compensation benefits.  Typically, workers' compensation benefits are paid by a workers’ compensation insurance carrier. However, if your employer is self-insured, then the employer is required to pay workers' compensation benefits. If your employer or its insurer refuses to pay workers’ compensation benefits, the employer or insurer can be subject to penalties and attorney’s fees.

If you have any additional questions about your workers' compensation claim, give Marceaux Law Firm a call for a free case evaluation.