Critical First Steps to Take After a Lake Charles Construction Accident
Working at a chemical plant or on a construction site can be exceptionally dangerous. These dangers increase when the people around you fail to keep the area where you work as safe as possible. Owners may try to cut corners and not spend the money necessary to keep you safe. Subcontractors may make critical errors that can be costly.
If you were hurt on the job, it is important to take the steps necessary to help you heal quickly and protect you from having to pay for the mistakes of others. Here are five steps that can help you stay protected:
- Notify your supervisor. The first thing you should do is to notify your immediate supervisor. This person can help you get emergency medical aid and can secure the area so that no one else risks getting hurt.
- Seek medical attention. Even though you may not think you are seriously hurt, many injuries can hide for days or weeks. It is important to get a thorough medical evaluation right away. Doing so not only helps you get the care and treatment you need to make a full and fast recovery, but it also documents the injuries that you endured in the accident.
- Keep detailed records. While your claim is being processed, it is a good idea to keep detailed records of all of the accident. Keep all notes and feedback from the doctors. You may also want to write your own journal recounting the accident, so that you do not risk forgetting a critical detail.
- Take photographs. Taking photographs for evidence is a smart thing to do after an accident. Document your injuries and the scene of the accident on film so that you can show specifically what happened to you as a result of someone else’s negligence.
- Contact a lawyer. Filing a claim is not easy. You want to focus on recovering from your injuries rather than worrying about having to pay your bills. Contact a Lake Charles construction accident lawyer to help manage your case and give you confidence that you will get the best outcome possible.
Getting hurt on the job can leave you to face lifelong injuries and consequences. With help from a skilled Lake Charles industrial accident lawyer, you can get the representation you need to maximize your compensation. Call us today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help you get the best outcome possible in your case.