Five Reasons to Hire a Jefferson Davis Parish Car Accident Lawyer Before You Speak With the Insurance Company
You followed the traffic laws while driving down the road, but another driver decided to take an unnecessary risk. Suddenly, his negligence caused him to slam into your car, leaving you and your passengers seriously injured.
When you are hurt in a Jefferson Davis Parish auto accident through no fault of your own, it is natural to believe that the other driver and their insurance company will cover all of your costs. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Insurance companies work hard to try to find ways to avoid having to pay you the money you are entitled to receive. As a result, you risk paying for someone else’s mistakes on the road.
It is critical that you put a Jefferson Davis Parish auto accident lawyer on your side to help you fight back. Here are five reasons why you should hire a lawyer before speaking with the insurance company.
- Your lawyer will speak to the insurance company for you. You know that the insurance company is not working in your best interest. This means that one wrong answer to their claim agent’s questions could cost you significant money in your settlement. When you hire a lawyer to represent you before speaking with the insurance company, you do not have to worry about saying the wrong thing. Your lawyer will know what to say and how to help you get what you deserve after a crash.
- Your lawyer will help you understand your rights. You have rights after a car accident. Working with a lawyer, you can have a better understanding of these rights, which can help strengthen your claim and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Your lawyer may find sources of money you may not have known were available to you. Sometimes, there are multiple insurance claims that you may be able to use to pay for your injuries. Your lawyer can help you find these additional sources of money to minimize your risk of having to pay for another driver’s mistakes.
- Your attorney can prove the other driver’s liability. Although the other driver may have admitted fault at the scene of the crash, it is up to the insurance company to determine who was at fault in the accident. A lawyer can show you to be blameless in the crash and prove that the other driver was at fault for your injuries.
- Your lawyer will work to make sure you don’t pay for someone else’s mistakes. Without a lawyer on your side, you risk the insurance company denying you the benefits you are entitled to receive. Getting guidance from an aggressive attorney on your side early on will help ensure that you do not have to pay for someone else’s poor judgment.
At the Marceaux Law Firm, we understand how traumatic and overwhelming a car accident in Jefferson Davis Parish can be. We work closely with you to defend your rights to the insurance company giving you the personalized attention you deserve and aggressive representation you need to win. Call our Jefferson Davis auto accident attorney today at 877-296-7805 to learn more about how we can help you.